I love Google Drive. I have all but left MS Office in the dust. I just learned a great way to search Google Drive files from Chrome. By making a "search engine" tweak (very easy to do) you can find all your Google Drive files without having to go to your actual drive. This can be done anywhere from the search bar. Follow the directions below to set this up.
Steps to setting up the Google Drive Search from Chrome:
- You must first be using Google Chrome.
- Right click on the Chrome address bar.
- Choose "Edit Search Engines…" from the drop-down list. This will take you to the settings page for Search Engines in Chrome.
- Scroll down to the bottom of “Other search engines” and add a new search engine.
- Enter “Google Drive” as the name for your search engine, “Drive” as the keyword you’ll type for activating a search (you can choose any text for these) and then type the URL as below:
Now you’re ready to search.
- Enter your new keyword “drive” in your address bar.
- Hit the TAB key.
- Enter your search string
- Find your Google file form the list.
Below is a quick screen shot showing how easy this is to do!