Google Slides is my favorite and in my opinion, the most useful tool in the G Suite. You can make presentations, newsletters, interactive activities, choose your own adventure books, and so much more (check out some of my uses in this Slide Deck: Unlock the Superpowers of Google Slides). You can add a video to any Google Slide, but you must first have that video in your Drive or on YouTube. There is another way to get a video created using your webcam easily. Just add the Record to Slides Chrome extension and adding a video is as easy as a push of a button! Give it a try!
Add Video to Slides:
- Head to the Chrome Webstore and add the Record to Slides Chrome extension.
- Open a Google Slide.
- Click on the camera icon that has been added to Slides to the left of the “Present” icon.
- Accept permissions if it is the first time using the extension. Then click the record button at the bottom left.
- Record using your webcam then stop the recording by clicking the same button you started recording with. Your video will preview to the right (the camera still shows to the left). Click on the preview on the right and then click “OK”.
- The video will be inserted into the Slide. Drag it to where you want it and resize as you wish.
- You can adjust any settings for this video using the “Format options”.
Share the Drive Folder:
A folder is created in your Drive named “Record to Slides Resources”. In order for others to see the videos, you add to a slide you must share each video. There is an easy way to do this. Make the folder a shared folder by following these directions: Share Folders in Drive.
If you want these directions in a document click HERE!