Chromebooks are awesome devices. They are fast, easy to use, and auto-update (as long as you restart them at least 1time each week). There are times (like the beginning of the school year) that you might need to manually update them in order to have the latest version of Chrome OS (remember, NWEA requires the updated version). Below are the steps to manually update.
Update YourChromee OS:
- Sign in to the device.
- Click on the clock in the bottom right corner.
- Click the settings gear.
- Click the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
- Go to the bottom and click on “About Chrome”.
- Click “Check for Updates”.
- Let it run (keep the device on and lid open).
- When “Restart” appears, click on it.
Here is a video showing how to do these steps: Update Chromebook
If you want these steps in a document click HERE!