I am connected all the time. My personal and work email, calendar events, and Drive access is available on every device and computer I own. Below is all you have to do to add a Google account to your Android device. This will allow Calendar, Drive, Email, and any Google tool to work on your Android device. You can choose what to sync and what not to sync as well:
Set Up Another Google Account on Your
- Go to your "Settings" (every manufacturer has a little different way to do this).
- Find Accounts (some devices have “skins” installed so it might look different).
- Under "Accounts" will be the “Google” accounts. Tap that.
- Add an existing account (not create new unless you are creating a brand new Google account).
- Fill in all the information needed.
- The last screen will look something like mine. Put checkboxes on everything you want synced. I would recommend NOT syncing contacts if this is a school account. You probably don't want all the school contacts in your phone contact list. Here are the ones I checked.
All your synced data can be edited by using the appropriate app (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Google+, etc…). Just go into the settings on the app and edit how you want your device to handle the account.
If you want these directions in a Document Click Here!