We all love YouTube. It is a great resource for educational (and just fun cat) videos. The main complaint is that there are often too many other distractions on the screen. The other issue is the content of some of these linked videos. If you are trying to show an educational clip to a group of 1st graders, the last thing you need is a video on the right side showing something inappropriate. The fear of this happening is perhaps one of the main reasons YouTube is blocked in many districts. There are some extensions and sites that work ways around this. SafeShare.TV is one of my favorites. It is an easy and clean site that strips the screen of any videos other than the one you want to share. Here is all you need to do:
Get a Clean Video Link:
- Search for the YouTube video you want to show and copy the URL.
- Go to safeshare.tv.
- Paste in the link to the video and click the yellow arrow.
- If you do not already have an account you will be prompted to create one.
- You will be directed to a screen with the “safe” video link created. There are a number of ways to share the video.You can copy the URL at the topYou can share a QR CodeYou can choose any other options by clicking the “Share” button icon.
- You can also edit when the video starts and ends by clicking “Edit”.
- Now your video will play without all those videos waiting to be clicked on the side! All you will see is the video you want to show (like below)!
If you want these directions in a document, click Here!