Google Drive has come a long way! To be honest, I no longer use MS Office. Google does all I really need (as long as I do not need columns or text boxes). One of the best things to change was the addition of Add-ons. These replace many of the more difficult scripts that we had to use in the past (there are still some awesome scripts out there that have not been made into Add-ons yet). These Add-ons allow easy mail merge, templates, quiz grading, labels, and many more. All the Add-ons can be added to your Google Drive quickly and easily by following the steps below.
Using Add-Ons in Google Drive
- Log into your Google Drive.
- Open a Google Document. The Add-ons are specific to the tool (Doc, Sheets, Slide) you are using.
- Click “Add-ons”.
- Scroll through the listed Add-ons to find what you are looking to use.
- Click on an Add-on to read the description and reviews.
- Click “Free” to have it added.
- Click “Accept” to allow it to be installed.
- You will get a notification that this Add-on has been added to your documents.
- When you are ready to use the Add-on, just click “Add-on” at the top of your document and select it from your list of installed Add-ons. Follow the directions the Add-on gives to use the tool.
Get some Add-ons and start making Google Drive work for you!
If you want these directions in a Document click Here!