As teachers, we are always trying to grab our students’ attention. We create fun activities, engaging lessons, and try to make our time with students meaningful and connected. One way to do this is to put ourselves into our work. An easy way to do this is with Bitmojis. These are easy to use images of ourselves saying and doing everyday things the students can relate to. It is easy and fun (and a little warning here...addictive!). I find I use Bitmojis in many emails, presentations, social media posts, texts, messages...ok in EVERYTHING! Get started! Create your Bitmoji and start getting into your work today!
Create Your Bitmoji:
1. On your mobile device install the Bitmoji app.
- Google Play
- Create a likeness of yourself (face, hair, eyes, wrinkles, hat, clothing, etc)
Use Your Bitmoji:
1. You can share your Bitmoji with your mobile app. Just tap the image you want and choose what app to use it in. There are categories as well as a search option.
3. Click the extension and it opens.
4. Just drag the image right onto where you want it to be (Documents, Social Media, etc).
5. You can also use this extension within your Gmail.
6. Make your documents, posts, signs, or anything more FUN!
Bitmoji in the Classroom:
- Student feedback
- Enhance documents, forms, and any digital tool
- Stickers! (print them on sticky address labels)
- Add flare to presentations
- Highlight directions or instructions
- Use as an instructional hook
- Comic book characters and digital storytelling
- Digital badges
- Classroom signs
- Get creative and create your own images using Bitmojis and Google Drawing!
Notice: There are inappropriate images/language in some of the Bitmojis. Be aware of this with younger students.
If you want these directions in a document click Here!