Google Forms might be one of my favorite Google Tools in G Suite. There is so much you can do with them: collect data, survey others, create self-grading assessments, create lesson plans, etc… One of the drawbacks was trying to share them. In the past I always invited collaborators, allowed them to open the Form (in editing mode) and watched over their shoulder as they clicked “Make a Copy” before quickly removing their editing rights before they could mess anything up. I always wanted a better way to do it, and I finally found it. Follow the steps below to start sharing your Forms with others!
Share a Google Form
- Open Drive.
- Create a folder.
- Right click on the folder and click the “Share” icon.
- Edit the share options of this folder to “Anyone with the link can view”. This will force any file within the folder will have the folder’s sharing settings. There is no way to put these settings on a Google Form, but the folder will force viewing to the Form (super-cool hack!). Put any Forms you want to share in this folder.
- Open a Google Form you want to share and copy the address at in the address bar.
- Paste this somewhere in an email or document that you are sharing with those you want to be able to make a copy.
- Now comes the magic! Look at the URL you pasted. At the very end is the word “edit”.
- All you need to do is delete the word “edit” and replace oit with the word “copy”.
- When someone uses this newly created link (with “copy”) they will be prompted to Make a Copy!
- Sit back and relax...no one will ruin your awesomely make Google Forms!
Give it a try and start sharing all your awesome Google Forms!
If you want these directions in a document click Here!