Have you ever shared a video and wish it would automatically pause at spots to ask questions? Maybe even give a scored quiz? Or even better, make someone go back and watch that section again of they answered incorrectly? Well, Edpuzzle is the tool for you! Edpuzzle allows you to insert pauses, comments, open-ended questions, and multiple-choice questions into a YouTube video easily. When your students watch the video they have to answer the questions to continue. The data you can get back is amazing. It is free, but there is a limit of 20 videos for no cost. There is an option to get more through referrals. Once you have an account, share your referral link and you will get more video space! Edpuzzle is easy to use once you get in and learn it. Explore what you can do with Edpuzzle!
Set Up Account:
- Go to edpuzzle.com and set up an account (sign in to Google to allow integration to your Google Classrooms!).
- You can set up your “Classes” and link them to a Google Classroom.
- Head over to YouTube and find a video you want to work with. Copy the URL and paste it in the search box in Edpuzzle.
- You will be given the choices of:
- Audio Notes
- Choose to create a Quiz. Play the video and pause it when you want to add in a pause. Click the green box with the question mark to choose what to enter.
- You will have the choice of 3 different interactive elements:
- Open-Ended Question
- Multiple Choice Question
- If you choose Multiple Choice you will have the option of choosing answers and marking (green check) which ones are correct.
- After creating the interactive element click “Save” at the bottom.
- After you have entered in all your questions, click “Save”, then click “Finish” in the top right.
- There are some settings you can explore (Prevent Skipping and Turn on CC).
- This will allow you to share the video with your class.
- You can set it as an assignment to one of your Google Classrooms.
- You can get the public link to share just the link.
- If you assigned it to one of your Google Classrooms you can get data on how your students did by visiting “Gradebook” in the top right.
- All your created videos are stored in the “My Content” section.
- You can always go back to a previous video and Assign, Edit/Add questions, Duplicate, or even Delete.
- You can see student progress (and scoring) in the “Gradebook” section.
Use Other’s Content:
- Another great tool is using (and even editing) others’ content. Click on any link under Popular Channels or your own school.
- Click on any of the videos that come up. You can then Edit, Copy, Assign, or Share for your own use!
Get More Videos:
You get 20 videos for free. If you want more, follow these steps!
- Click on your Account Profile Image. Click on Refer to Earn Space.
- Click on “Invite Teacher”.
- Share that link to get more videos.
Click HERE for the official Edpuzzle setup and create directions.
If you want these directions, click HERE!