I am all about sharing. I pretty much share everything I make, but there are times that you might want to protect that important document from being copy/pasted into another document or another user just making a copy. This happens with formal school documents, copyrighted creations, or thing you just want to share but not have others be able to use. The good news is this is easy to do. Follow the steps below to start protecting your cherished documents.
Protect a File from Copy/Paste or Make a Copy
- Open a document you want to protect from “copy/paste” or “Make a copy”.
- Click the blue “Share” button in the top right.
- Click the “Advanced” button on the bottom right of the pop-up.
- At the bottom of the screen, check the box next to “Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers”.
- When a viewer of the shared document tries to copy text, print, or make a copy they will get the following message.
Now you are all set. Viewers of your document will only be able to see the document. They can not copy and paste any part of it, print it, or make their own copy of it.
If you want these steps in a document click Here!