Sunday, June 20, 2021

K-5 Common Core State Standards Checklists

We all know that the CCSS are our expectations as educators and are the standards we are required to teach each year. Oftentimes, our Curricular Materials (textbooks) claim to align with these standards, but they don't always do so perfectly. When I was a classroom teacher, I had the list of my Grade Level Content Standards at my desk. Each week I would cross off any standards that we, as a class, completed that week. These were the ones we had covered and were ready as a group to move on from, knowing I might still have small-group work to do to help any students who had not mastered the standard. This helped me track and cover every standard by the end of the school year without overdoing some standards or teaching content that is not on my list of standards to cover. There were sometimes a few things that we needed to cover to teach the required standards, but I stayed tight to the set Grade Level Standards. 


This is a list of all the CCSS from Kindergarten to 5th Grade. Clicking your Grade Level link will create a document for you that is set up as a checklist. The check-boxes are clickable and will cross off the standard as you go. This is just one way to help you track your mastered standards and what you still have to cover. 





These documents are just an idea of one way to help track your coverage of the CCSS. There are other ways to do this, but I thought I would pass this on if it is helpful to anyone.