Students use their school Google Apps Accounts to produce a lot of great writing, presentations, and more. When they graduate or leave the district they might like to take that work with them. You can download your Google files for safe keeping. You can then upload these files to a personal Google Account later, turn them into Microsoft Office files, or upload contacts, calendars, and email to another Google account.
Download Your Content:
- Visit Google Takeout and login with your school Google Account.
- Select the Google Tools and Services you want to export your data and documents from and select the option to receive the file as a download via email (depending on the size of your Google account, this could take several hours).
- Click “Next Step” when done.
- Check your email. You will receive an email when the files are ready for download.
Unzip and Upload Your Content:
- Once the Google Takeout email arrives, use the links to download your archived data and documents.
- Download the archive (there may be more than one archive for large amounts of data) and save them to your personal computer, external hard drive, or other location.
- You can "unzip" the archives and then upload the data and documents to a new personal Google Account or use the files and document in Microsoft Office or other applications.
Things to consider:
- Google Forms do not download.
- Google Sites do not download.
- These are downloaded as Microsoft Office files so some fonts and layout issues may arise.
If you want these directions in a document click HERE!