Your signature can say a lot about you. It can give important contact information, share certifications, and even show your personality. It can also be a hot mess! Choosing the correct signature is important. The last thing we want to do is have to scroll multiple lines down to get to the “reply” area, or see weird shaped icons or certifications or logs. It is easy to make a signature consistent yet visually appealing (even though beauty is still in the eye of the beholder). Take a minute and make your Gmail Signature reflect you without bombarding others with too much.
Set Creative Gmail Signature:
1. Create a new Google Document.
2. Create your signature.
- Use images, icons, and logos that are important to your profession.
- Put a couple spaces between each image so they are not touching.
- Don’t have too many that will distract from the actual email.
4. If you want more font choices for text (there are only a few offered in signature) also make a png image of your text:
- Type text in a Doc, change the font to what you like, do a screenshot of the text (Mac: Command+4/PC use Snipping Tool), then paste text image into the signature.
5. Copy the text and images (control/command+C).
6. Open Gmail.
7. Click the gear in the top right.
8. Click “Settings”.
9. Scroll down to signature and paste (control/command+V) in the box.
12. Scroll to the bottom and click “Save”.
13. Send yourself a test email to see how it looks. If you need to edit the size of the images, edit their size in the Google Document and copy/paste back into Gmail.
14. I always send an email to myself to make sure the signature looks like I want it to before I call it all done.
Head over to Google Drive and Gmail and make your email signature say something about you!
If you want these directions in a document click HERE!