Google Classroom is a great tool. It’s the perfect landing spot for most of your classroom links, activities, and assignments. It can be used for so much, as long as students are on the same domain as the teacher and the domain is a GAFE domain. Getting started is easy. Follow the steps below to create your first Google Classroom.
Setting Up a New Google Classroom
- Sign into your GAFE account.
- Go to www.classroom.google.com
- Choose “Teacher”.
- Very Important. If you choose “Student” your Google Admin will need to reset your account in order to create a class.
- Click the “+” symbol then “Create Class”.
- Name your class.
- Something to consider: you can change the class name at any time, but the Drive Folder associated with the class will not change.
- Walk through the tour to get a feel for the setup of Classroom.
- Set the Theme for your Classroom. Click “Select theme” or “Upload photo”.
- If you choose to upload a photo the theme will be set by the tone of the image.
- Click on the “Students” tab on the main page.
- There are 2 ways to have students join your Classroom.
- Manually Enroll:
- Then click on “Invite” button.
- Search and select students to enroll (works with Gmail contact list)
- Students Self-Enroll:
- Give students the class code. When they go to www.classroom.google.com they can join and enter in your code.
Log in to Google Classroom today and start posting!
To see these steps in a document click Here!