When Google+ was first released I was sure it would take down the evil Facebook. All right, now there have been 3 times in my life I was wrong. Google+ is not the smash hit I expected it to be (although don't discount its networking ability!), but it does offer a lot more goodies than other social media sites do. One of the greatest is free photo storage and sharing. Google has long been one of the pioneers in free online photo storage with Picasa, but Google+ makes this even easier. Below is a quick "How-To" video on how to enable Auto Backup to automatically upload and store all those precious memories from your web enabled phones and devices.
Steps to Upload Pictures:
- Step 1: You will need to have your Google+ account active. If you have not done this, just be logged into your Google account and click the Google+ icon in your Apps and set up.
- Step 2: Download the Google+ app on your phone/tablet.
- Step 3: Tap the 3 bar icon and then the gear (settings) icon.
- Step 4: Tap on “Camera and Photos”.
- Step 5: Tap “Auto Backup”.
- Step 6: For FREE online storage make sure “Full Size Backups” is off. Then make sure back up is set to only over Wi-Fi (save data plan).
- Step 7: Take lots of pictures and sit back and let them upload and be stored for FREE!
One tip: my suggestion is to turn off Full Size backup as it will eat away at your Google account space. If you turn off Full Size Backups you will enjoy unlimited photo storage! Check out the video for steps on how to do this!